Hyco Features Mossback!
Hear from HYCO Lake Magazine and how the MossBacks Fish Attractors are being used on the lakes of North Carolina.
Winter Habitat Work Pays Summer Dividends For Hyco and Mayo Anglers
Story by George P. Burdell
It’s Christmas time in july for anglers looking to reall in fish at Hyco and Mayo Lakes, thanks to wintertime habitat enhancement work conducted by N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission fisheries staff, along with Wildlife Commissioner Thomas Berry.
MossBack Pros Win
Crappie Masters winners MossBack Pros, Jay and Rhonda Reeve
2nd place finishers in the Mississippi State Championship, Jay and Rhonda Reeve. Jay and Rhonda were in 18th place, with 17.57 pounds after day 1 and then came in with what may be the all time single day record weight of 7 crappie, 20.54 pounds, which put them in the hot seat until the eventual champions took the top spot. We are checking stats to confirm the new possible record. Congratulations to Jay and Rhonda Reeve of Texas for this great accomplishment.
- Easily assembled
- Product can easily be hidden in bottom of boat/ out of sight
- No mess/scratches
- Not easily detected on a graph
- Fish are immediately attracted
- Long lasting rugged product
- Easily moved to different fishing locations
- Multiple variations of structure (lengths, vertical/horizontal)
- Will not snag hooks
- Flexibility of structure limbs allow bait to bounce off
- Structure sinks by itself. Only a small amount of weight is suggested to keep in place.
- Holes for attracting and holding baitfish
- Rough texture of limbs allows for quick growth of algae
- All hardware for installation is included
- Finding structure to put in the lake
- Transportation of structure to fishing spot
- High volume of weight for sinking structure
- Fish won’t attract to too much foliage on the brush/trees
- Easily located on fishing graph
- Structure overfished
- Loss of lures
- Decay of product (natural vegetation)
- Other products on the market have too many limbs and not enough area for the fish to swim around in